Celebrating their 25th anniversary of leaving Trinity, the Batch of 1992 took on a project to convert the College’s energy supply to solar power. This was conceptualized, implemented and co-funded (with the College) as the first ever renewable solar energy project at Trinity College.
A Service of Dedication for the renewable energy project was held at the Trinity College Chapel on the 12th of August 2017, followed by the official inauguration of the project. The event was well attended by 36 past teachers of Trinity. Former Principal and Vice Principal, Lt.Col. Leonard De Alwis and Mr. Colin Ratnayake, together with Mr Paul Jeyaraj were special invitees to the occasion.
By generating 100KWp of electricity, sufficient for the entire current power needs of the school, the future cost of electricity at Trinity will be significantly reduced.
And, this is the first and most important step towards making Trinity College a ‘carbon-neutral educational institution’.
“When our books are laid aside, and we scatter far and wide, we remember with affection all we gained. How we learned to take our share in the life and labour there. Where the men of whom we are proudest of were trained.” – Alexander Garden Fraser (1873-1962)